Thirty-three members of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Akwa Ibom State have emerged as the party’s candidates at the state and national assembly primaries held in the state during the week.
They include the former deputy governor of the state, Mr. Chris Ekpenyong (Ikot Ekpene senatorial district), incumbent speaker of the state house of assembly, Mr. Onofiok Luke (Etinan federal constituency) and the former commissioner of information, Mr. Aniekan Umanah (Abak/Etim Ekpo/Ika federal constituency).
The list shows that 25 candidates will vie for election into the state house of assembly, senate, three and house of representatives, six. The candidates are made up of two women–Mrs. Akon Eyakenyi, (Eket senatorial district), Felicia Bassey (Okobo State Constituency) and 32 men
Meanwhile, Udom Frontiers 2019 has congratulated the winners of the primary election and urged them to be good representatives of the people.
The national coordinator of the support group, Mr. Ime Victor who spoke with Newsgazette described them as “good party men” adding that they were all elected on merit.
“They are people of proven integrity. At a time like this, Akwa Ibom needs quality representation at the state and national levels. They will deliver the goods,” he added.
See list below
- Bassey Albert Akpan; Uyo senatorial district
- Akon Eyakenyi, Eket senatorial district
- Chris Ekpenyong, Ikot Ekpene senatorial district
House of Representatives candidates
- Rt. Hon. Barr. Onofiok Luke—Etinan Federal Constituency
- Rt. Hon. Nsikak Ekong—Ikot Ekpene Federal Constituency
- Mr. Emmanuel Ukpong Udo (Macaire)–Ikono/INI Federal Constituency
- Hon. Aniekan Umanah—Abak/Etim-Ekpo/Ika Federal Constituency
- Mr. Unyime Idem—Ukanafun/Oruk-Anam Federal Constituency
- Rt. Hon. Dr. Henry Archibong—-Itu/Ibiono Ibom Federal Constituency
State assembly candidates
1) Hon. Anietie Eka – Uyo State Constituency
2) Rt Hon. Mark Esset – Nsit Atai State Constituency
3) Rt. Hon. Godwin Ekpo – Ibiono Ibom State Constituency
4) Hon. Barr Dennis Akpan – Etinan State Constituency
5) Barr Ese Umoh – Essien Udim State Constituency
6) Elder Courage Udeme Otong – Abak State Constituency
7) Elder Mfon Idung – Etim Ekpo/Ika State Constituency
8 Hon. Emmanuel Bassey – Ini State Constituency
9) Rt. Hon. David Lawrence – Eket State Constituency
10) Rt. Hon. Udo Keirian – Oruk Anam State Constiuency
11) Hon Okon Asuquo – Mbo State Constituency
12) Hon. Asuquo Archibong – Urueoffong/Oruko State Constituency
13) Barr Victor Ekwere – Mkpat Enin State Constituency
14) Barr Otobong Bob – Nsit Ubium State Constituency
15) Hon. Aniekan Bassey – Uruan State Constituency
16) Rt. Hon. Aniekan Uko – Ibesikpo Asutan State Constituency
18) Hon. Usoro Akpanusoh – Esit Eket State Constituency
19) Hon. Kufre Edidem – Itu State Constituency
20) Hon. Asuquo Nana – Ikono State Constituency
21) Hon Uduak Odudoh – Ikot Abasi/Eastern Obolo State Constituency
22) Mr. Ifiok Udoh-Nsit Ibom State Constituency
23) Hon Effiong Bassey – Oron/Udung Uko State Constituency
24) Rt Hon. Felicia Bassey – Okobo State Constituency