Mohammed, Malami, Pantami, others lead FG’s team to engage with Twitter

0
561

President Muhammadu Buhari on Tuesday approved a team comprising the minister of information and culture, Mr. Lai Mohammed, attorney general of the federation and minister of justice, Mr. Abubakar Malami, minister of communications and digital economy, Mr. Isa Pantami to engage with Twitter over the recent suspension of the of the micro-blogging social media site.

The other team members include the minister of foreign affairs, Mr. Geoffrey Onyeama, minister of works and housing, Mr. Babatunde Fashola, minister of state for labour and employment, Mr. Festus Keyamo and some relevant government agencies.

Mohammed who is the chairman of the delegation said in a statement in Abuja that Twitter wrote to the president seeking to engage with the federal government over the suspension, with a view to charting a path forward.

Recall that the federal government had earlier in June slapped indefinite suspension on Twitter operations in Nigeria, citing the persistent use of the Twitter platform for activities that were capable of undermining Nigeria’s corporate existence.

Mohammed announced the ban two days after Twitter deleted Buhari’s tweet wherein he threatened to deal with secessionist agitators “in the language they understand”.

The social media networking site had said the tweet violated the Twitter Rules.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here