The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) yesterday confirmed 387 new cases of COVID-19 in Nigeria.
Also, two deaths were recorded from the virus on Friday bringing the total number of confirmed deaths from 259 on Thursday to 261.
The agency, in a late night tweet said Lagos State recorded 254 cases, FCT, 29; Jigawa, 24; Edo, 22; Oyo, 15; Rivers, 14; Kaduna, 11; Borno, 6; Kano, 3; Plateau, 2; Yobe, 2; Gombe, 2; Bauchi, 2, and Ondo, 1.
The new cases bring the total number of confirmed cases in Nigeria to 9, 302 with 2, 697 patients discharged and 261 fatalities.
“Till date, 9, 302 cases have been confirmed, 2, 697 cases have been discharged and 261 deaths have been recorded in 35 states and the Federal Capital Territory,” said the NCDC.
Since the beginning of the outbreak in Nigeria in February, 58,726 samples have been tested by NCDC, out of which 9, 302 were positive.
A breakdown of the 9, 302 confirmed cases shows that Lagos State has so far reported 4,337 cases, followed by Kano – 942, FCT – 564, Katsina – 358, Borno – 264, Oyo – 275, Ogun – 246, Jigawa – 265, Edo – 262, Bauchi – 236, Kaduna – 232, Rivers – 190, Gombe – 156, Sokoto – 116, Plateau – 101, Kwara – 86, Zamfara – 76, Nasarawa – 62, Delta – 57, Yobe – 49, Osun – 44, Adamawa – 38, Ebonyi – 40, Akwa Ibom – 45, Imo – 34, Kebbi – 33, Niger – 30, Ondo – 25, Ekiti – 20, Enugu – 18, Taraba – 18, Bayelsa – 12, Anambra – 11, Abia – 10, Benue – 7 and Kogi – 2.