The Lagos State ministry of health announced that Nigeria recorded its third case of coronavirus after a 30-year-old female tested positive for the virus.
Announcing this on its Twitter handle, @lsmoh Tuesday, the ministry said the new case was independent of the Italian index case.
“The 30-year-old Nigerian female returned from the United Kingdom on March 13. She observed self-Isolation upon arriving the country.
“Upon developing symptoms, she reached out to us, and she has now tested positive to the virus.”
The ministry said the patient had been taken to the Mainland General Hospital in Yaba for medical attention.