Organised labour turns down FG’s N54, 000 new minimum wage offer

0
182

The organised labour comprising the Nigeria Labour Congress and the Trade Union Congress on Tuesday rejected the N54, 000 proposed by the federal government as new minimum wage.

The government had in a meeting with Labour proposed N54,000 as against its earlier N48,000 offer.

Vanguard said one of the leaders of the organised labour who attended the meeting made the revelation in a telephone conversation.

Recall that the organised labour the NLC and the TUC walked out on the tripartite committee on minimum wage following the proposed N48,000 as minimum wage by the Federal Government.

Last week labour told the government to perish any thought of offering N100, 000 as the new minimum wage.

It also asked the government to be serious with negotiations on the issue of workers’ wages, insisting that it used the lowest minimum in arriving at N615, 000 as the new minimum wage.