The Nigeria Police Force Criminal Investigation Department, Alagbon, Ikoyi in Lagos, said some persons were apprehended in connection with the alleged attempt to kidnap Tiwa Savage.
The department’s spokesperson, CSP Oluniyi Ogundeyi, confirmed this on Saturday in Lagos.
The news of the attempt to kidnap the musician broke out on Friday through the social media.
The singer confirmed escaping from a security breach at her residence – widely reported online as a kidnap attempt.
A statement posted on her instagram handle by her management said: “Following recent reports online, we can confirm that on Thursday 13th April 2023 there was a major security breach at the residence of musician Tiwa Savage.
“A number of suspects were caught and are currently being held under investigation at Alagbon Police Station, Ikoyi.
“Ms Savage and her family are safe and well.”
Police report revealed that the musician’s private security’s vigilance and the Nigeria police saved her from the suspects.
It was gathered that the failed plot was allegedly planned by Savage’s new domestic staff, who had been entrusted with vital information about her.
Sources said that the domestic staff had been trailing the singer as she left her home and shared the information with other members of the alleged kidnapping gang.
”Yes, we have some suspects, they are in our custody. They are about four,” the spokesperson said.
With NAN report