The Kaduna State government said realised the N1.9 million within two days, from violators of the lockdown order imposed on the state to curtail the spread of the COVID-19.
The state government, through the ministry of justice said in a statement that 605 offenders were convicted between Thursday and Friday last week for violating the lockdown order.
“About N1, 909, 600 was realised as fines from the convictions and 41 offenders were given community service,” it stated.
The statement signed by the commissioner for justice and attorney general, Ms Aisha Dikko, said a breakdown of the offences showed that people were convicted for failure to wear face masks in public and violating the restriction of movement order.
The attorney general warned that violators may equally have their motorcycles, tricycles or motor vehicles impounded and forfeited to the government.
“Violation of stay at home order and not wearing face masks attracts a fine of N5, 000 each. On the other hand, not maintaining physical distancing attracts a fine of N7, 000.
“Unauthorised riding of motorcycles and tricycles during the lockdown, as well as driving motor vehicles, trucks and buses, attract N5, 000, N10, 000, N20, 000, N30, 000, N20, 000 respectively,” she added.
It would be recalled that the state government had set up mobile courts on April 24 to summarily try curfew violators at specific locations such as Kakuri, Kawo, Magajin Gari, Rigasa, Sabon Tasha and Maraban Rido. Others are Rigachukun, Kaduna-Kano border and Abuja-Kaduna express way.